Began as a small, entrepreneurial supplier to international automotive OEMs. The first automotive leaf spring manufacturer in Thailand.
Registered as a limited company on May 19, with a registered capital of 3 million baht, for the production of car and truck bodies and parts
Signed a technical collaboration contract with the Japan-based Shin Meiwa Industry Co., Ltd. for the production of hydraulic and mechanical systems
Obtained the Thai Industry Ministry’s approval for the assembly of modified vehicles Signed a contract for technical collaboration for die design and production with the Toyota Auto Body Co., Ltd., Japan
The Sammitr Special Truck Co., Ltd. was registered for the production of trailers, semi-trailers and special-purpose trucks
Design and production of trailer axles for the company’s own production of trailers and semi-trailers, as well as for distribution to our customers
Investment in China – registration of affiliate and joint venture companies such as Changchun Sammitr Motors Co., Ltd. (CCSMM), a fully owned subsidiary of the SAMMITR Group.
Signed technical collaboration agreement with Toyota Auto Body Co., Ltd. for the production of dies and fixtures using the CAD/CAM systems
Designed, produced and distributed world first stamped steel canopies for pick-up trucks
Initiated R&D in Natural Gas Vehicle (NGV) engines, NGV conversion kits and the conversion and assembly of NGV trucks
CCSMM commenced NGV conversion kit-installation business in China in Volkswagen and Audi sedans for FAW-Volkswagen Automobile Co., Ltd.
Awarded ISO 9001 : 2000 quality management certification for our dies, steel canopies, dumpers, trailers, semi-trailers, axles and hydraulic systems.
Awarded ISO/TS 16949 : 2002 automobile industry quality management certification for our pressed parts
Awarded ISO 14001 : 2004 environmental management certification for our steel canopies and pressed parts Commenced commercial production and distribution of SAMMITR Multi Purpose Truck (MPT)
Commenced production and distribution of NGV trucks and associated services, including NGV kit installation and retrofitment.
SAMMITR Motors Manufacturing registered as a public limited company on April 26.
SMM and Baosteel, a leading global steel company, developed truck & trailer mining vehicles with special grade steel.
SMM adopted high volume, modular production system for dump truck body and trailer assembly.
- SAMMITR Australia Pty. Ltd. established in Melbourne, Australia for sales and distribution of SMM Canopy and third party accessories to Australia
- Established SAMMITR Vehicle Technology Development (NANJING) CO., LTD. (SMMVT) to research and develop special equipment for Manufacturing, Transportation, and Parts.
- SAMMITR Green Power collaborated with AVL on R&D for high pressure and Liquefied natural gas products.
- Established SMM EU BV for export of SAMMITR and third party products including canopies and accessories sales to Europe.
- Established Sammitr Tech Co., Ltd. to expand the production of automotive parts at Gateway City Industrial Estate, Chachoengsao Province.
- Established SMM International Co., Ltd. to be the international trade and international mergers, acquisitions and partnerships arm of SAMMITR Group.
PT Sammitr Motor Indonesia, subsidiary of SMM International Co. Ltd established in Jakarta, Indonesia for sales and distribution of products for Truck & Trailer market.
- SAMMITR Smart Mobility established (IOT) to develop and implement solutions for commercial fleet customers using internet of things
- Sammitr PTG Pro Truck Solution Center Co., Ltd. (“PRO TRUCK”) established through JV between SAMMITR Motors Manufacturing Public Co., Ltd and PT Energy Public Co., Ltd. to develop a nationwide professional network of truck and trailer service centres for Thailand
- PT. SSB Sammitr Distribution Co., Ltd. Established through JV between PT. Sammitr Motor (Indonesia) and SSB to assembly and distribute SMM Dump Truck in Indonesia.
Burson (Thailand) established through JV between SAMMITR Group Holding and Bapcor Ltd. (Australia) to develop and expand Burson passenger and light vehicle spare parts retail business for Thailand.